Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'll take fun over cool in a heartbeat.

I have had the pleasure of photographing the Jr. High stage productions, the last being "Bye Bye Birdie". The actual play aside, I was struck by how much fun these kids were having. Especially when compared to the adult siblings and parents that came up after the performance. A few of them looked cool, good-looking, fashionable, disengaged.
Boring.
After spending an hour or two in the camaraderie of backstage, the fun was palpable. To feel of their joie de vivre was, well, fun, and anything but cool.

As a teen I longed to be cool.

What a waste.
I'll take fun over cool in a heartbeat.

After the Saturday show they had a sock-hop at the school for the cast. It wasn't cool, it wasn't awesome. It was fun. Pictured here.

No comments: