Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Movie List ~ Ferris Bueller's Day Off


I know I know, for people of a certain age liking this is like saying "I like top 40 music"

Still, I do like it. But...

I mentioned before seeing a movie at the "right" time can make the experience profound, magical, or really funny.
I had somehow missed this, which is surprising because, don't think I ever missed a $2.50 Tuesday while in Vancouver, when this was released, but... somehow... missed it.
So I rented it while house sitting, in Putaruru - in 1989, profoundly by myself - you know, at the end of the "year of melancholy."
It was the wrong time to see it. I actually remember thinking, I would have loved this, had I seen it, years ago.
Still it came to mind in the time alloted so it makes the list - I think however John Hughes recent death may have unfairly advantaged it in the pile of stuff in my brain.

Seen on my own 1989 on video in Putaruru.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Movie List

1 comment:

Olivia Petty said...

I like Matthew Broderick.